What Handtastic Box® users say about the tool:
- 93% say the training was fun.
- 100% felt that the topics trained were relevant for their professional practice.
Prevention of health-care associated infections and microbial contamination of pharmaceutical products remains a top priority in health-care industry worldwide. Proper hand hygiene is one of the key factors to reduce the contamination levels, thus the negative impact on patients.
Handtastic Box® is a purposely designed tool for assurance of hand hygiene best practices in the pharmacy and hospital settings. It consists of three modules: Handwash, Handrub and Sterile glove gowning. All three modules can be used individually or consecutively. Each module trains two people and lasts approx. 20 minutes.
Handtastic Box ® provides an alternative way to effectively train a wide range of health-care professionals in a playful manner. Its game-based, interactive approach with visualization and tactile features allows participants to get a memorable training experience, which results in behavioural changes and increased adherence to hand hygiene recommendations. The effectiveness of Handtastic Box® has been tested and validated scientifically during the study conducted by HUG Pharmacy Department in summer 2021.
How the training with Handtastic Box® affected competence and behaviour of the trainees:
- Average test scores on theoretical knowledge increased from 56.3% to 93.7%.
- Average Confidence of the participants related to the trained topic increase from 66.4% to 95.7%.
- The adherence of the practical execution of the trained procedure in daily operations improved by 91.5% if monitored over the duration of 1 month.
*GSASA – Swiss Association of Public Health Administration and Hospital Pharmacists